About: Abbie Morin's inheritance of a 1950s drum kit, followed by relentless self-teaching, and writing from the drum throne, poised the evocative songwriter for an unexpected shift. With the blossoming of her rhythm driven tendencies, Morin hung up her well-worn acoustic to translate her newly found punch through an electric guitar. The wistful, eclectic folk of her 2015 release Shadowproof evolved into a roots-tinged take on indie rock. Abbie has shared the stage with Lucy Dacus, Wild Child, Susto, And The Kids, Jessica Hernandez & the Deltas, Mal Devisa, Madaila, Vundabar, Palm, Uni Ika Ai, among others. Now based in Northampton, Massachusetts after several years in Burlington, Vermont, Abbie Morin prepares for her second release due in Spring 2017
Tour history: Abbie's built a strong following in the Burlington, VT market - with performances at Higher Ground, Nectar's, Signal Kitchen, ArtsRiot, and more. In Feb. 2016 Abbie sold out Nectar's, and has headlined the club numerous times, including a Jan. 2015 residency. Abbie has also swiftly developed the Northampton, MA market, with regular plays at The Parlor Room and Iron Horse Music Hall, along with shows in the popular DIY show scene. In Fall 2015, Abbie embarked on a US tour - playing 34 shows in 19 different states, from VT to WA. Festival appearances include: Otis Mountain Get Down, Waking Windows, Vermont Music Festival, WYSIWYG Festival, The Precipice, and South End Art Hop.
- "Reminiscent of both Angel Olsen and perhaps Lucinda Williams, Morin quietly yet strongly shines." - The Deli Magazine
- "Fearless. That's how Abbie Morin looked as the front woman of her self-titled band." - Burlington Free Press
- "Morin writes with a wry and pointed sensibility...It's clever and mysterious." - Seven Days
- Vermont Public Radio - Live from the Fort
- Daytrotter Session
- Featured on Vuhaus' Best of Vermont Public Radio - Live from the Fort 2016
- Featured on Vermont Public Radio - Conversation on the Arts
- Artist of the Month - New England - The Deli Magazine - March 2015
- Radio appearances on: Vermont Public Radio, WRUV 90.1, 104.7 The Point, 105.9 The Radiator, 92.5 The River, 100.1 The Planet, WEMF Boston.
- Featured artist of the week: 92.5 The River - Week of Nov. 16, 2015