Hammydown has made your salad, and scooped the foam onto your cappuccino. She's scrubbed your splattered walls and vacuumed the dust from beneath your bed on her hands and knees. She's delivered your pizza. A boss will say time and time again that it doesn't cost anything extra to give service with a smile. With her quirky, lyric driven garage pop, Hammydown (aka Abbie Morin) digs at the true price that she and so many people like her have to pay. Gritty guitar, and wry humor capture the plight of the millennial slacker - those who button up and drag their way through the work week, try to pursue creative passions, but still just feel like losers. Based in Northampton, Mass, Hammydown is due to release the debut EP 'Pizzaface' on July 21, 2017.
- “crisp, noodly guitar-filled title track” - The Fader
- “‘Automatic Sweetheart’ is a jammy bit of garage pop, bopping around on a chilled out bass line and psychedelic guitar slides before shaking off the expectations of the “robot persona” on the chorus.” - Consequence of Sound
- “Already likened to contemporaries such as Lucy Dacus and Diet Cig, Hammydown injects her work with a raw authenticity that remains somewhat hidden by the playfulness of it all, but undoubtedly exists" - GoldFlakePaint
- "bright and brilliant slice of guitar-pop" - GoldFlakePaint
- “With top tone minimalist guitar rock that rides the line between smirky and art punk, Hammydown carries a bravado rarely heard from young bands.” - Glide Magazine